Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday's Child has Far to Go

The last Thursday in March was an ending and beginning.   I drove my little car home from KUMC, packed to the ceiling with the contents of my office, rear view mirror inside the car rendered useless as if to remind me not to look back.  The last Thursday in July is yet another milestone in this journey.  Today, I drove my little car, this time packed to the ceiling with Yoga bolsters, blankets and blocks to BENE-FIT Health and Fitness where I will be starting two new Yoga classes in August.  I could see out the back on this trip...enough to see how far I've come in the past four months. 

Since my last visit to the pond, there have been several milestones...new personal training clients, completion of the Anatomy exam and participation in some wonderful workshops at the Yoga School, opening business checking and savings accounts and investing in equipment and supplies.  

There is also the need to put distance between myself and KUMC.  All that stuff from my office has been sorted, much of it no longer useful and thus discarded.  We've changed Dr's and hospitals, not out of spite, but for convenience and the simple fact that at this time in my life, going back to that campus for any reason is going backwards (and painful). 

We're making ends meet on hubby's salary while I put everything that I make from training and teaching classes into building an inventory of yoga props and getting the credentials needed to keep moving down the road.  Kind words from friends, family and former colleagues, both written and spoken, have been a big boost and are greatly appreciated.

"Well you know it wasn't you who held me down."
"Heaven knows it wasn't you who set me free."
"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."  "With me, I'm already gone."
"And I'm feelin' strong."
"I will sing this vict'ry song."
"Cause I'm already gone."

- Eagles "Already Gone"

No comments:

Post a Comment